Friday, May 3, 2013

Traveling To and our first day in China!

I know I am so late in posting but due to the fact we had a terrible time getting an Internet connect while out of the country, I am going to try to put everything into words now.

We left for China on Thursday, April 4th. Words can NOT adequately describe the long flight and layovers (due to weather) we had so I wont even begin to try. We arrived in Harbin at 2 o'clock in the morning on April 6th to ice and snow. Our poor guide and driver had been at the airport waiting on us for 5 hours! And they don't let them in the airport! If my memory serves me correctly, there was a lobby at the front of the airport where they waited and they was little to no heat in there! We were freezing so I know they were miserable! We finally made it to the hotel and collapsed. The only thing I remember from the drive was that everything had snow on it and it was deserted.

The hotel we stayed at was on the main street in Harbin. It was fun to be right in the center of everything. From our window we could see everyone coming and going. It was the tomb sweeping holiday weekend so people were on the square selling balloons, bubbles, cotton candy etc. Our guide for the day took us down Central Street and we got to see all the buildings and happenings. A very fun, unique street that must be walked if you visit.  As I stood and looked out our window, I could not help but wonder if our boy knew his family was so close? I wonder if they had told him that his forever family was coming to get him? 24 hours and we our wait will be over!


 




 













 After we finished walking Central Street, Starr took us to Walmart to buy some items. Due to limited space instead of being wide its tall. You have escalators that take you to the next floors. They are quite different from our stores here in the States. Major difference is the fish is just out in the open. It was fun to make SEVERAL trips there!












No comments:

Post a Comment