Friday, May 3, 2013

Gotcha Day! 4/7/13

Happy Birthday to my little sister. Although she could not travel with us, she is getting the best birthday present ever! We met our guide Lynn and our driver Mr John at 9:30 am to go to the adoption office. My mind was in a whirlwind as I was reliving what everyone else description of their special day. I wondered how ours would play out. We loaded up in the van and away we went. Harbin is a very pretty town with LOTS of people. Traffic is crazy so I am glad we have a good driver. We travel for 30 minutes and pull into a narrow half circle drive that has cars everywhere. We stop and we hear the words "we are here!". Our hearts fell! It was almost like you stopped breathing and the world stopped for a brief moment. As we climbed out of the van with our mountain of paperwork, Kyles backpack, cell phones and camera it was like we were frozen in time. We quickly were brought back with the Lynn yelling...."Its Him! It's Him! It's YOUR BOY!!! RUN!". As tears filled my eyes we took off running to see a small little man with a panda coat climbing the stairs to the building. He was holding his teachers hand, being lead to his forever! The little one that we love so much, that had only been a picture, was not in front of us! We walked with them through the building as Lynn explained to the teacher that we were his family. As we were riding the elevator upstairs, we knelt down and showed kyle all the pictures on our phones of him. We then went into the adoption office and sat on the couch. His teacher pulled out his photos we had sent him and showed him the pictures and pointed to us. This little man just sat there looking at the pictures and at us. You could see in his eyes that he was feeling the same way we were. The people who were only photos in a book, were now in front of him. His little face had tears running down it but not a sound could be heard coming from him. Momma instincts took over and I didn't care what anyone said to me. THIS was MY boy and he was upset! I sat beside him and put my arm around him and told him it was OK. He let me pick him up and he set in my lap. Before long be quit crying and was just taking everything in. We had to sign all the paperwork so he went to his Jie Jie (big sister) and she had him playing in the floor with all the stuff from his book bag. To this day I do not know how long we were in that office. Time stopped once we had our boy! The van ride to the hotel he feel asleep sitting beside me. He is so smart and studies everything. I guess his little mind was on overload. Once back at the hotel, we were able to skype with family for a moment. I tell you we felt every prayer that was being said on our behalf. It was around an hour after we got back that we started calling us Ma'Ma and Ba'Ba' and was making eye contact. He laughed for the first time! He started playing and running around! God opened his heart and gave him peace and he knew he was home! THANK YOU ALL for your prayers. God gave us miracle after miracle on this trip!













No comments:

Post a Comment