Friday, September 11, 2015

Ayi Day

Hello Everyone! I know it has been a while since I have wrote an update, but being the mother of toddler leaves little time to do much "fun"work. Although this update isn't an update on Kyle, I wanted to share what was on my heart.

 There is a wonderful organization called The Sparrow Fund. They support adoptive families and children in China who are waiting on their families to find them. They have a program that is going on right now called "Ayi for a day". Ayi is what the care givers in China are called that works at the many orphanages in China. 50 people sign up and 50 Ayi kits are mailed to them. Each kit has items in them related to China and the Ayi's. These 50 people will pray for the Ayi's and return the sleeve clovers (the Ayi's wear these over their arms to protect their clothing while working). The sleeve covers will then be taken to China and given to a Ayi in October. Of course I HAD to be apart of this!

As I received my kit today I was very excited to open it. I knew there would be cool items in their that Kyle would love to see. I read over all the information and then started to unpack my kit. What started as pure excitement turn into a deep sad heartbroken feeling as I carefully unpacked each item. You would have thought they were made of delicate glass that would break if you looked at it hard. Each item I took out I saw a woman in China using each item. My heart and mind thought  about the two Foster Mother's Kyle had and the wonderful Ayi's at the SWI that took care of him. How many times had he seen them drink tea? How many times had they fed him chop sticks and taught him how to use them? How many times did they use tissues to wipe his tears or nose? How many times had they given him a piece of candy or a cracker? I can not imagine their heartbreak wondering about a child they cared for until his forever family got to him.

Although I am blessed to be able to stay in touch with his last Foster Grandmother, I most likely will never know they first woman who took care of him. I pray that God will give them both peace and that they will know that he is loved and cared for. I pray for all the others that are there as I type taking care of these precious angels. I pray they see the worth in each and every child no matter what their special needs are. I pray they love and care for them as our Father cares for us. I pray that God will give them the knowledge and guidance to care and lead them. Most of all I pray God will make his self know to them in a real way so they can teach each child about him.

THANK YOU to the Sparrow Fund for reminding me of all the ones left behind to do God's work until families are united!

Thanks y'all! :)   I promise I will do an update soon! I just knew all I was feeling was way to long for a Facebook status LOL

Love
Charm




No comments:

Post a Comment