Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Name one word that adoption mean's to you"

What a difference a year makes!! It seems like yesterday we held Kyle for the first time, and now he has been home a year! He has learned so many phrases and truly is a southern boy now. I love seeing the look of love and happiness in the eyes that once pierced my heart with sadness. Him KNOWING that he is loved, wanted and belongs means everything!

As we celebrate his one year anniversary, I have been thinking of an answer to a question I answered when we were in the paperwork process. “Name one word that adoption means to you”. At that time I came up with the normal answers. Love, Family, Belong, Wanted, Blessed, Forever and Chosen. These   are all true statements. However, today the best one word answer I have is OBEDIENCE.

 I think of our journey and everything we went through and it was obedience that got us to where we needed to be. But, Obedience is not only effecting your life, but those you come in contact with. If my dear friend did not obey and adopt her “sassy peacock”, then who knows if we would have adopted Kyle! See her and her husband obeyed God no matter what people said! They gave her daughter a very slim chance of ever being normal. They told her she would never walk, talk, or even sit up. The people in Chin@ even tried to “give her another one” on Gotcha Day. But they followed God! During this trip they visited a popular foster home in the town where their precious baby girl was from. The pictures they took there is what God used to show us we were to adopt. At the time, we knew nothing about adoption. We saw a little boy that we KNEW was ours. We were walking by faith and we knew even though everyone said it was impossible to get this child that God was going to do a miracle and he would be ours. I prayed and asked God to show me what agency we were to use. I ran across an agency that had a symbol on their site that was the same symbol of the foster home in Chin@. I knew at that moment that was the agency we were to use. This part of the story you know. Our case worker called in November 2012 and told us she had a file of a little boy she wanted us to look at. I will NEVER forget the day and the days that followed.

 This part I haven’t shared before. We opened his file and he met the specific’s we were looking for. However, he was not the little boy WE picked out. Now this is where OBEDIENCE steps in. All the questions over whelmed me! Do you believe God for the one you thought was yours? Is this your son? What about Faith and believing God for Miracles? EVERYONE in my family thought the 1st boy we saw was ours! Am I letting them down if I say this is our son? God knew right where I would be when Kyle’s file came in. I was working a holiday fair with two dear adoptive mothers and some very close friends that are my family. My sister from another mister gave me advice I will never forget. She told me to go home and sleep with Kyle’s information and for me and Todd to pray! That’s what we did! That night will forever be in my mind. Both of us put our hand on the file and prayed before we went to sleep. I remember us sleeping with the file in between us. Every time I woke up during the night, I would search for those papers. God bonded me with MY son that night! I never said anything because I didn’t want to influence Todd in any way. All that weekend I got encouragement from those around me. They prayed for us and gave me wisdom and just let me talk out all my fears.  That Sunday we were sitting on the couch watching TV. I received a text from Todd. (YES, he was sitting right beside me lol) It was the picture of Kyle and a note that said “Momma, come get me”.  When we told everyone, there were some that just gave you the look like “are you sure?”. I could read their minds. They were wanting to say “well what about “the one” you saw first? Aren’t you going to believe God for a miracle? Why are you giving up? IT IS HARD to look at the people you love more than life itself and stand your ground and obey! If we would have went by what man thought, we would have turned Kyle down and still wouldn’t have got the first little boy. (I am happy to report that his family found him and he went home in December of 2013)

Sometimes obedience isn’t easy! In fact it is VERY hard! What we have to remember is to put God first. He has our whole life planned out for us. All we have to do is obey. He is the only one that knows what He wants us to do. It’s up to us to pray, LISTEN, and obey. Not only for you, but for all the others that He has planned for you to touch. God only knows how you can affect someone else. That affect could be positive or negative. Let’s strive to be a positive effect on those around us.

We can’t imagine life without Kyle! There is not one doubt in my mind that he is the one God created just for us! He is full of life, funny and very entertaining. I thank God every day for the opportunity to pray to a living God that has us all in the palm of his hand. Intertwining life’s together for His glory.
Kyle will be doing an update soon of all the fun things he has done in a year! I just wanted to share what was on my heart!
Love,

Charm

Kyle and his sassy peacock!


No comments:

Post a Comment