Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Welcome Home! 4/17/13

After an overnight (or should I say 5 hours ) stay in Hong Kong, we are SC bound!!!! We took a private van from GZ to Hong Kong. Along the way we made a pit stop at McDonalds. Who knew you could get corn as a side item. HELLO had me some fries LOL. We went from Hong Kong to Tokyo then on Detroit. Then its HOME!!  Kyle did great on the flights. Poor man beside him had half of him in his lap for some of the trip. I was so thankful he was nice. The flight crew was much nicer on the way over but we did have one good one. Kyle fell asleep before we got to eat, so he kept his food in the warmer until he woke up. We only had 1 1/2 hrs in Detroit to get our luggage, get through customs and immigration, recheck luggage and get to gate. We did it in record time! HERE WE COME!!!

We arrived in Greenville that evening between 5:30-6 pm. We got delayed some because of the bad storm that came in. We were on our way to the escalators to go downstairs where everyone was waiting. Todd had Kyle and I had the stroller. Kris was sprinting ahead of us. Todd stopped me, hugged me and said "we did it". "We went around the world, got our boy, now he is home!!" I was tearing up. We started on our journey and was stopped by a lady waiting to board her plane. She said "You must be Kyle". We confirmed and she stated " you have a lot of people waiting on you sweet boy. Welcome Home."  Again, tears are being held back. No words can ever express the feeling that over came me when we were riding down the escalator and heard all of our "FAMILY" (everyone there I consider family!) yelling and clapping. I lost it right then and there!! (I am not a pretty crier and I was SOBBING!! great look for home coming pictures! lol) My daddy came running to me. He too was crying! He hugged me and all the pressure of the last 8 months was released! Our journey was complete! WE were home!!






THANK YOU to everyone who helped us bring our special boy home!! we can't wait to see what plans God has in store for him.  We love you all!!
Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment